Wednesday, October 12, 2011

change of mind

This weekend I was watching criminal minds. It was an interesting episode. Hodge’s wife was killed by his nemesis, the Reaper. Its an older episode, but it mad me realize that this job takes a lot of dedication. I don’t think I could actually join the behavioral analysis unit. I could never have a family if I did, because your putting everything in your life at risk when you work for the BAU. I have a lot of respect for the people that do this job, because you have to base your life on it. I could not go through life without making a family, so I’ve decided this is not the career for me. I would still enjoy a job like this, and that my goal as of now. I still want to major in behavioral science. I might possibly try a job for NYPD, they have many crimes that behavioral study could help solve.

Finding a job similar is going to be much easier than getting into the FBI. I think I would be happy, even if I ended up just being a therapist. I enjoy helping people and this career is a good way of doing it. I definitely think the BAU and being in the FBI is one of the hardest jobs in the U.S. its probably even harder not being able to tell your family what is going on. This job puts not only yourself but other people at risk. I believe that in order to be in the BAU you need to be older and your kids should be grown up, or just not make a family and focus on the career.

A behavioral therapist would be a good choice for a similar career. This helps people and is basically the same thing. The difference is that you don’t have to people at risk. So from now on im going to focus on my other option because the FBI simply wont fit into my life style

No comments:

Post a Comment